I found this handy happy decorating ideas article on the Real Simple website this month. One of the ideas that caught my eye was a DIY Christmas door decoration.
What you will need
- 2 pcs printed ribbon strips at 30 & 40cm in length
- 2 silver jingling bells
- festive paper ornament or gift tag
How to make the festive door bells
- Weave a piece of ribbon through the end of your bell and tie it together.
- Weave another piece of ribbon through another bell and then tie it through the first ribbon string.
- Weave a festive paper ornament of gift tag and you’re done.
Tips: Choose a small thin ribbon that you can easily weave through the top of the silver bells. Look for large jingly silver bells. The first pack that I bought weren’t very jingly and didn’t really make any noise. Download one of the many freebie gift tag templates kindly donated by bloggers all over the world. Check out my Pinterest Festive Season board for some fabulous festive designs.
The “door bells” turned out so beautifully that I decided to make a set for each of my neighbours. Mademoiselle Belle helped me hang our bells over the front door handles to surprise our neighbours when they got home.