Over the festive season, I saw a new magazine in the shelves at Woolworths titled, ‘Entertain‘. I’m always looking for inspiration, so I grabbed a copy. It’s full of creative table settings and menus for all occasions; from outdoor picnics, to Italian and Asian-themed dinners. Here are a few sneaky peaks from the magazine.
Image above: Asian-themed table setting
Image above: Tuscan-themed table setting
Image above: ‘Entertain’ [cover]. The magazine is available at your local Woolworths for $9.95.
I’m inspired and will certainly be adding a little creative styling to my table settings this summer. You can too…
- Pick two or three colours and feature these throughout your table setting.
- Use table runners along bare wooden tabletops and accentuate with complementary napkins.
- Pick fresh floral, fruit or herbs and arrange them into table centrepiece. A centrepiece can really “lift” the table (see first image above).
- Use bright and colourful table linen or placemats.
- Stripes are also perfect for summer entertaining and can be used on a formal or informal table setting.
- Dine outside – on your patio, balcony or in the backyard.