Summer seems to be drawing to a close for the south-eastern states of Australia but for our cousins up north, you might enjoy this beautiful summer salad recipe from one of my favourite blogs, The Paper Apron. Chef-in-Editor, Kim – hails from Colombia, South Carolina and writes a very entertaining blog containing delicious recipes, beautiful photography and engaging articles. This month’s Muhummara recipe (spicy Middle Eastern dip) looks sensational and will certainly be on Madame Bonbon’s menu this autumn. Special thanks to Kim for allowing me to share this delicious recipe.
Pomegranate and Pear Salad recipe
1 cup Walnuts tossed with 2 tbpn thawed Pomegranate Concentrate, 1/4 tspn Garam Masala, 1/4 tspn Salt, 1/2 tspn Sugar and bake at 180C for 10 minutes.
- 4 ripe Bartlett Pears, halved and sliced lengthwise
- Baby greens to fill four plates or salad plates, washed and dried
- 2 oz. Gorgonzola cheese, chunked or sliced
- 1 medium Pomegranate, seeded
- 2 tbsp Red Onion, small slices
- 1/4 Honeycomb, sliced into inch long bites
2 tbsp thawed Pomegranate Concentrate
6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Champagne vinegar
Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste