Whilst I was going through my library of images on Instagram, I noticed that most of my photos were quite dark or grey. It’s probably safe to say that August was a cold and wet month in Melbourne. We were all waiting for the warmer weather to begin as spring approached us on the 1 September. Anyway, I’ve added a few colour shots to my predominantly grey gallery. I hope you like them.
Image: My favourite images from Instagram. Click on the image to visit my feed on Followgram
Left to right, top to bottom:
1. I bought some beautiful yellow inverted chrysanthemums from my local market. Aren’t they beautiful.
2. My husband did a photography walk of Melbourne streets with a focus on creative composition. We talked through some of his photos from the tour and I was inspired. I was reverse-parking my car outside of my home when I noticed this tree by the pavement. It had small knots protruding all over the trunk which looked like eyes. So I took out my iPhone and captured a close-up. The end result is as you see. I’m pretty happy with the results. I like the texture and shading in this shot.
3. I finally completed my mother’s birthday invitation suite and sent them out to her guests. The suite included an invitation, calendar stickers, an activity guide with a map which was all enclosed within a shiny grey envelope. [A full blog post on the party soon.]
4. I bought these beautiful roses with two-tone petals for a friend. I gift wrapped them in kraft paper and added a strip of white lace fabric.
5. This is a quick little DIY project inspired by Jordan at Oh Happy Day. I made pink and orange fringy streamers. They are quite easy, inexpensive and a lot of fun to make. You can view my DIY post [here].
6. Another quick DIY inspired by a pin on Pinterest. I had some old cardboard which I circle cut and added a doily border – voila!- gift tag completed.
7. Melbourne was quite wet and grey this month. I caught this shiny streetscape whilst waiting for my tram home.
8. I had fun editing this photo. I was originally inspired by a photo on Instagram where I saw a gold sequin table cloth. So I whipped out and bought some silver and gold sequin material and decided to style a martini cocktail shot. We shot this using gold sequin material as the cloth, a reflector as the background. I then added the Inkwell filter on Instagram with a label using Phonto (love this app).
9. Lucky last – a silhouette portrait of my little girl. She was watching tv and I happened to look over and see a slight silhouette in her profile. So I quickly grabbed my phone and took a few shots while she wasn’t noticing. I then used the Inverted filter on Picfx and Inkwell on Instagram. The result was this imperfect silhouette of my daughter’s profile. I love it.
Well, I hope you enjoyed a little preview of my favourite Instagram photos this month. You can also view my July highlights on Instagram right [HERE}. Oh and you can follow me on Instagram at @madame_bonbon. Let me know if you showcase your party styling on Instagram, as I’d love to follow you.