If you’re looking for an inexpensive DIY party decoration, then I have a quick and easy project for you. A couple of years ago I created these fringy streamers for a Mexican Fiesta. The idea came to me from Jordan at the Oh Happy Day blog. I’ve since used them for other parties and for some gift wrapping projects. All you need are a few rolls of colourful crepe paper and a trusty pair of scissors to create these festive fringy party streamers.
Steps 1 to 3
- Lay out your crepe paper and scissors.
- Cut your roll of crepe paper across the width at 5cms to make a streamer.
- Take one streamer and cut almost to the centre and about 5mm along the width. Continue this all the way to the end.
Steps 4 to 6
- Turn the streamer to the other side and repeat cutting into the width about 5mm along.
- Once you’ve finished cutting, gently pull the streamer apart.
- You’ll now have a neat streamer. Take the streamer into both hands and gently crumple it together. You’ll want to mess it up quite a lot as this creates the fringe look.
Voila! You’re finished! How easy was that? So continue making these streamers and mix up the colours to create or match the theme you have going for your party or event.
Till we meet again,